Today’s card features a beautiful stamp which is produced by Sugar Nellie (Funky Kits) and drawn by Leanne Ellis. They can be found HERE. The image was colored in with my Pan Pastels. After painting her up, I gave a quick few coats of Matte Permanent Fixative to ensure that the Pastel would not budge. I love the soft painted type look that you get from pastels. The colors of these pastels are so vibrant and rich, and they blend like a dream. It almost feels silky to the touch. On top of coloring in my images, I use my pastels for shading in my die-cuts. The one downside of course is that I do have to spray my fixative all the time. Not much of a downside I suppose when you see them in person. The rest of my card is pretty simple. The doily is cut from a Papertrey die, and is called Parisian Lace doily . The banner is from my Spellbinder Ribbon Banners die set, which is from their newest release. The stamp set for the greeting is another Papertrey die called Handwritten Notes. The whole card was kept simple so as not to take away from the focal image.
Hope you enjoy,
- Paper: Basic Black CS, white (Papertrey), Mellow 6″x 6″ DP paperpack (Basic Grey), Baja Breeze colored Canson Mi-Tiente paper
- Coloring Medium: Pan Pastels, Soft tools
- Ink: Black (Memories), Tea dye, Vintage Photo Distress ink (Ranger ink)
- Stamps: Handwritten Notes, Dreamer (Sugar Nellie)
- Dies:Parisian Lace Doily (Papertrey), Ribbon Banner (Spellbinder)
- Other: adhesive pearls (Hero Arts), Roses (Prima), 1 1/2″ Old Olive striped Grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’Up!), Sponges, Sponge Dauber