Once again I am featuring one of the new June 2011 Sizzix die release! I love these dies, they are awsome! So fun and so versatile! How can you not love them. I can have a simple card on the outside, and open it up to a fancy 3-D card on the inside. These dies are truly some of the funnest to use. So today’s feature Sizzix die is the Zig-Zag 3-D Card die. This die creates a tabbed insert, which allows you to add on any decoration for being popped-up. It is a simple matter of cutting, then sticking it to the inside the card size you desire. Card size, is of cours determined by the height of the decorations which you are adding.
For my card today, I wanted to create a simple fish aquarium scene. The outside uses a Whipper Snapper Cling set which was designed by Anna White AKA Sweet Miss Daisy. The front card design also uses the design from one of her cards which can be found in her Whipper Snapper Gallery on the left hand side of her blog. I stamped the image on to watercolor paper, and colored it with re-inkers. These were stuck to the front with dimensionals. The inside uses a variety of Spellbinder, Quickutz, and Cottage Cutz dies. The card was reasonable fast (compared to some of my other cards) and simple to make.
Hope you enjoy,
- Stamps: Swimmin By (Whipper Snapper)
- Ink: Broken China, Rusty Hinge, Pine Needle, Chipped Saphire, Tea Dye, Shabby Shutter Distress ink (Ranger ink)
- Paper: Cool Carribean, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, River Rock, Tempting Turquoise, Pumkin Pie CS (Stampin’Up!), DP (My Minds Eye), Spring Moss (Papertrey)
- Dies/Punches: Sizzix Bigz die- Card, Zig-Zag 3-D Pop-up (Sizzix), Small Labels Nestabilities, Nested Fish Shapeabilities (Spellbinder), Seaweed (Cottage Cutz), Bubbles, rocks, Calvin Alphabet (Quickutz retired, available through Ebay), Scallop lacy punch (Martha Stewart)
- Other: Sponge Daubers, Sponges, 2-way glue pen, Tombow multipurpose adhesive, 2-way adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Waterfall Stickles