Our Guest Designer for this week is Virginia Lu. You can see Virginia’s fabulous project below, but first, here is a little more about her.
I am Virginia Lu from southern Ontario, Canada. Originally from Taiwan, I am an avid stamper and have been stamping since my son was born. He is now 20!
I became very active in stamping after my daughter went to college and that was in 2009. It has been a huge learning curve for me to become a better stamper.
This is such a wonderful hobby and passion of mine. I have learned so much about stamping in the last few years with some success in publications and contests. I also got to meet wonderful paper crafters from all over the world (from Taiwan, UK, Denmark, Netherlands and Greece).
I have retired from running my husband’s (a family doctor) medical office and now am enjoying the simple life with card-making and traveling. Currently, I am on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge DT and I also run a challenge blog called Virginia’s View Challenge.
How to Incorporate Watercolours with Pattern Paper and Die
1. Inspired by a fashion magazine’s colors, I first swiped the Spectrum Aqua Markers across the Strathmore watercolour paper
2. Sprayed a few spritz of water
3. Sprayed more water (if needed) and let the colors dry completely
4-5. With the help of Washi Tape, made the die cut with Simon Says Stamp Sailboat die
6. Tore up the pattern paper in one direction with the white edges showing
7. Assembled the pattern paper with double-sided tape
8. With the negative die as a guide, placed and positioned the sailboats on the card
9. Arranged the sail boats with various heights and dimensions
10. Stamped the sentiment with the help of MISTI. Added sequins and Wink of Stella for finishing touches.
Here is the finished card.
Here is the close-up.
Lastly, I am sharing a “thank you” card made with the same approach.
Thank you, Paper Crafter’s Library, for the guest design feature. I am absolutely delighted and honoured.
Stamps: Sailing, Birthday Wishes (Simon Says Stamp)
Inks: Versafine (Onyx Black), Soft Navy ( Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Strathmore Watercolor paper (110Lb), white card stock (Simon Says Stamp), Authentique (Seaside Collection)
Accessories: Sailboat Die (Simon Says Stamp), Spectrum Aqua Markers (Primary, Floral, Nature and Essentials), 3D Scotch Double-sided Foam Tape
Tools: MISTI, Cuttlebug
We hope you have enjoyed today’s feature. We want to extend a sincere thank you to Virginia Lu
for her fabulous project and for sharing it with us.