Today on the Paper Crafter’s Library blog, we’re continuing our all new weekly featured artist whereby each week we spotlight a different artist/designer in the paper crafting & mixed media world and introducing you to their fabulous work.
Today we’re thrilled to welcome back – Claudine Hellmuth. She was a featured artist for Paper Crafter’s Library earlier this year and has returned with more wonderful projects and a give-away of the stamp sheet used in her projects. You can see the stamp sheet below and read more about the give-away at the end of the post.
Before we show you her fabulous projects, let’s get to know her a little bit more..
In my 12 years as a full time illustrator, I have been featured in The New York Times, appeared on The Martha Stewart Show, HGTV and The DIY Network. My client list includes projects with major companies like Smart Car, Capitol Records and national publications such as The Saturday Evening Post.
I recently launched an exclusive paper crafting line with The Home Shopping Network and I continue to make live appearances on air with each new product release. In 2008, I developed a product line with Ranger Industries called Claudine Hellmuth Studio, of high-quality craft paints, mediums and canvas. I have also written three books and produced three DVDs, all centering on art and collage techniques that I teach in my workshops.
Originally from Orlando Florida, I now live in Washington, DC with my husband Paul and our very spoiled pets.
SUPPLIES FOR ALL CARDS
• Claudine Hellmuth Studio Clear Stamps Halloween Set
• Claudine Hellmuth Studio Mini Paints – charcoal black • Claudine Hellmuth Studio Mini Multi-Medium – Matte
• Claudine Hellmuth Studio Mini Black Gesso
• Ranger Acrhival ink in Jet Black
• Inkssentials™ White Pen
• Inkssentials™ Non-Stick Craft Sheet™ • Inkssentials™ Glue Stick
• Crafter’s Companion Rock A Blocks for stamping clear stamps
• 4.5”x6” cardstock cards pre folded (PaperSource)
• Assorted scrapbook papers, in blacks, oranges and purples
DIRECTIONS FOR CARDS 2 and 4
- Choose pre folded colored cardstock cards in the colors you would like. Here I am using a blue and a black.
- Using Jet Black Archival ink by Ranger Stamp the houses from the Claudine Hellmuth Studio Stamp set onto colored paper (I used Purple for one and Orange Polka dots for the other) I also stamped the crow and the pumpkin at the same time.
- Cut out around houses.
- When Ink is dry color in a few windows using the Inkssentials™ White Pen, this will give the house a spooky feel!
- Cut hill shapes out of scrapbooking paper. Here I cut one hill shape from Orange dotted paper and the other from black cardstock
- Cut out any extra papers like the moon and find scraps in your stash that coordinate. I also used a piece of Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky back canvas that I had printed handwriting cursive
- Layer the papers and the stamped houses on the cards so it looks like the houses are on the hills/landscape
- Glue everything down with Claudine Hellmuth Studio multi medium. Or if you are in a hurry, use the Ranger Inkssentials™ Glue Stick!
- As a finishing touch I added a white fence line drawing to the card with the black hill using the Inkssentials™ White Pen and then to both cards I added tiny dimensional dots using the tips of the Claudine Hellmuth Studio mini paints.
Two quick and easy Halloween cards that should take you under 20 minutes to make!
We hope you have enjoyed today’s projects courtesy of Claudine Hellmuth. To enter for a chance to win the stamp sheet give-away shown above, simply leave a comment at the end of this post about her projects. Winner will be posted on Paper Crafter’s Library next week. Also, be sure to stop by Claudine’s blog to see even more of her beautiful work (and let her know we sent you).