ETA: In case anyone is wondering, the birthday is spelled wrong on purpose. My middle son likes to say it that way, and I thought it would be cute to copy and remember lol. I LOVE working with die cuts! One of my favorite image die companies was Quickutz. They were bought out by lifestyle crafts. This die was a custom die by Quikutz for Scrapyland. You can still buy it HERE. The spaceship is a retired Quikutz die, but can still be found on Ebay. I am very happy with how this turned out. I find that with shading and little details, you can achieve some really vibrant and fun looks. This card was kept simple for the express purpose of showing off the main image. The Aliens were cut out 3 times in 3 different colors, and then shaded using distess inks. Next the dots were glued on and colored using Copic markers. The highlights were added with a white gel pen. Next I glued the aliens down on to my mat which was cut from a Spellbinder Nestability die (another LOVE of mine ), shading was added with Copic markers. Grass was drawn in with my Prismacolor pencils. The stars and ship were made in essentially the same way with a mix off mediums. This card will be fantastic for some little boy with a birthday!
- Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky (retired), Certainly Celery, Tangerine Tango, Cranberry Crisp?(retired), River Rock, Basic Black CS (Stampin’Up!), unknown DP
- Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Pine Needle Distress Ink (Ranger ink), White Craft ink (Stampin’Up!)
- Coloring Medium: Copic Markers, Prismacolor pencils
- Dies: Spaceman and Alien, alien ship, alphabet (Quickutz), Curved Rectangles Nestabilities (Spellbinder)
- Other: Cuttlebug, Sponges, White gel pen, Dimensionals