We are excited to announce that Paper Crafters Library is expanding and we would like to add your talent to the mix! We are looking to hire 4-6 part time Educators/Designers.
As I’m sure you are aware, the world of paper crafting is HUGE! The sheer number of different manufacturers, products, tools, techniques and project ideas can be overwhelming to the average crafter.
That’s why in 2011 Paper Crafter’s Library (PCL) was launched with the goal of creating a video-based website that provides an all-in-one learning solution for paper crafters. With over 2000 videos in our library to date and over 25 videos being added each month, we are currently the largest and most comprehensive online resource for paper crafters worldwide. What makes us different from everyone else – whether it’s online communities, classrooms, craft review sites or blogs – is that we have organized and indexed all of our videos into a video library, so that everything is all in one place, making it easy for our members to find what they are looking for.
At PCL we try to take a three-pronged approach to education. We teach the basics of how to use a product, we look at different ways and techniques in which a product can be used and we then use the product in as many different projects of different styles as we can. Our ultimate goal is to help you make the most of the product that you choose to purchase.
As part of the Educator/Designer position, we would require you to:
1) film one or more videos per month which would be approximately 10-15 minutes in length. These videos could be completed projects such as cards, scrapbook pages or 3D items, technique videos or product/tool how to’s.
2) For each video involving a completed project we would also require you to submit a supply list, dimensions and step by step written directions which would then be turned into a pdf handout (~1 to 2 pages in length)
Monetary compensation is provided for the videos, but the amount of compensation is variable depending on the length of the video and the complexity of the technique/project. Additional information about compensation will be provided at such time as you are offered a position.
Additional benefits would include promotion of you & and your blog on the PCL blog, social media sites and newsletter as one of our designer/educators, along with access to the member area of the site. You would also be offered the opportunity to join our affiliate program earning a healthy commission on any sign ups using your affiliate link (additional information will be provided at such time as you are offered a position).
Please note that any videos you create and are compensated for by Paper Crafter’s Library would then become the property of Paper Crafter’s Library to be posted in our members only area. These videos can not be used for other purposes or posted elsewhere online.
In addition, this position is that of an independent contractor – your compensation is strictly based on the completed videos that you provide to us – you are not paid an hourly wage nor are health insurance/benefits are provided. There is also no specific “term” to the contract – if either you or we feel that this position is not a good fit, either party can terminate the agreement at any time.
If you are a friendly and enthusiastic person who is passionate about paper crafting, and enjoys teaching and inspiring others – then we want to hear from you!
In order to apply:
- Film a video tutorial of you creating a project that is representative of your work. This video tutorial should be no longer than about 10 minutes in length. We are just trying to get an idea of your crafting and teaching style. Please ensure that you film the video in the highest quality possible. Some of the things we are looking for include adequate lighting, a close up view of what you are creating (preferably the camera angled straight down on your work surface as though someone were looking over your shoulder watching you create), no camera shake and a clear picture. Once your video is filmed, please upload the raw unedited video to Dropbox and send us an invitation to your Dropbox folder (if you are unsure how to do this, please email us and we can help you with this.)
- Email us using PCL Educator/Designer Application in the subject line. In the email please include the following information:
- tell us a little bit about yourself (a short bio)
- tell us how long you have been involved in paper crafting or mixed media and what types of creating you do (ie. cards, scrapbooks, 3D, altered art, art journaling, mixed media, etc.)
- a link to your blog, Facebook page and any other social media sites if you have them
Application Deadline is Friday, February 28, 2014. Please note that we will only consider applications that follow the guidelines outlined above.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com and we will help you in any way we can.
We will respond to all applications to let you know it was received. You will be notified by Friday, March 7th if your application is being considered. We wish everyone luck and look forward to all the amazing creations you have to share.