Welcome to our last Makeover Monday challenge – a weekly challenge brought to you by the Paper Crafter’s Library and Sunny Stampin’ Studios. The purpose of Makeover Monday is to help you learn how to take the ideas and inspiration you find on the internet, and make it your own. This challenge is strictly a “work from your stash” challenge.
Yep! You did read that correctly. When we launched our Makeover Monday challenge 3 1/2 months ago – we had high hopes for this challenge. After all, in our emails, people would consistently be asking us HOW we came up with our ideas, and WHERE we went for inspiration. That is where the concept for this challenge was born. Unfortunately, the participation has been disappointing, which is why we’ve decided to discontinue this particular challenge.
We’re at a cross roads right now, trying to figure out whether or not to continue on with any type of challenge – is challenges something you guys want? If yes, what type of challenges would you like to see? Please take a minute to answer our question in the comments section of this post so that we can decide whether or not there is any value in trying a different type of challenge.
Our last inspiration piece, shown below, is from Deanna Misner– a paper crafter whose blog we recently discovered.
You can watch Tracy re-create the page using elements from our stash here at the Sunny Stampin’ Studio:
Here are the details on how you can participate in the Makeover Monday Challenge:
A new Makeover Monday Challenge & video will go up every Monday
- Work from your own stash to create a project based on the inspiration project provided – you can use any products you would like, and make any type of project you like – card, scrapbook page, album, 3D item etc.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Click on our inLinkz button below to add a link to your project for our challenge
- You will have until 7am, Monday, February 20th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. And you can enter as many times as you like.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Monday, February 20th.
- The winner will be posted here. The randomly selected winner will win a grab bag filled with over $30 of spring-themed goodies.
Good luck to everyone and we look forward to seeing your projects!
Now before I go, it’s time to annouce the winner of last week’s Makeover Monday challenge……
But before I do, I want to thank everyone who participated, and encourage you to keep it up – it’s a fun way to develop your creative skills, and as our winner is randomly drawn – everyone has a chance to be a winner…
So…..Heidi…..you are this week’s winner. You can see Heidi’s card below, and visit her blog HERE.
Heidi, please email us at email@example.com to claim your prize. Be sure to put “Makeover Monday Winner” in the subject line, and in the body of the email please include your shipping address, email, and phone number.
That’s it for today. Please take a minute to give us your feedback on whether or not you’d like to see a different type of challenge, and if yes what. In the mean time, I’d like to extend a huge thank you to those of you that have taken the time to participate over the last 3 1/2 months!