Well I have to say that I am in LOVE with the May Release from Cottage Cutz! All the dies are kitchen themed, and I have to say that I adore food type stamps and dies. Take a look at them HERE to see all the available ones. For those of you interested, I will also have a video coming soon in the library showing some of these fabulous dies, as well as a video of today’s feature project.
Now today’s project is probably going into my favorites list lol. I am thrilled with the image panel. The door hanging box was pretty simple to design, and the dimensions and instructions will be available in the PDF which accompanies the video. I started by cutting out the pieces for my door hanger and box, then created a wood grain background on all portions of the box which would show. In retrospect, I probably should have also done the inside portions. (Creating a wood grain BG video is available in Library). The Stock pot and all accompanying veggies (I am not using all the types available) were cut from SU CS, and were accented with Copic markers, sponged with Distress ink, and highlighted with Pan Pastels. The chicken is from an old Sizzix die which is retired, but in can be found on Ebay, or you can replace with any die cut chicken or stamped chicken. The “Get Well Soon” was cut with my Silhouette.
So what can you use this little door hanger for? Well, how about a few Cup a Soup packets, Neo Citrine, gift card to the book store along with the last two items, or some lozenges and kleenex. The possibilities are endless.
thanks for looking,
- Paper: More Mustard, Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Very Vanilla CS (Stampin’UP!), White (Papertrey), Shimmer Vanilla cryogenic CS
- Ink: Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass, Aged Mahogony, Black Soot, Peeled Paint, Pine Needle, Rusty Hinge, Dusty Concord Distress ink (Ranger inc)
- Dies/Punches: Stock Pot (Cottage Cutz dies) , Chicken and Eggs (Sizzix retired), Deckle Rectangle (Spellbinders), 1 3/4″ Circle punch (Stampin’Up!), Silhouette die cut machine, Get Better Soon (Silhouette Store), Cuttlebug machine
- Coloring Mediums: white Pan Pastel, Copic Markers
- Other: Multi purpose glue, Scissors, Tweezers, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, Coarse glitter (Martha Stewart), 2-way glue pen (Stampin’Up!), Sponges, sponge daubers, White gel pen, Black gel pen