We are happy to bring you this week’s Featured Company: Lawn Fawn.
This week Lawn Fawn is giving away Gleeful Gardens stamps and dies (details on how to enter at the end of this post).
Lawn Fawn Designer – Nancy Krueger
Today we welcome Nancy Krueger. We are so excited to have her showcase her work today on Paper Crafter’s Library. You can see Nancy’s fabulous project below, but first, here is a little more about her:
Hi my name is Nancy and I’m a happy wife, mom of 2 married sons and a Grammy to 2 delightful grandsons with a granddaughter on the way. I live in sunny Southern California with my hubby of 37 years. We have filled our empty nest with a goofy Golden Retriever and an adorable Chihuahua. I enjoy the beach, cool breezes and sunrises!
I’ve been an avid crafter since I was a child but when I bought my first rubber stamp and ink 30 years ago I was hooked on stamping and paper-crafting! My talented mom is my crafting inspiration. She once painted pretty flowers on my sneakers to hide the worn spots!
I am blessed to work with the wonderful folks at Lawn Fawn. Mike and Kelly are like family and they have assembled a wonderful crew of “Fawnies”. I share my cards and paper-crafting projects along with the occasional story about my family at my blog Happy Heart Studio: http://happyheart-nancyljk.blogspot.com/
I was intrigued by pocket letters when I first found them on Janette Lane’s blog and I thought it would be fun to try one! Be sure to click the link for a definition of Pocket Letters and check out Pinterest for lots of great examples! I will tuck a note to the recipient in the center pocket before I send this on its way in a regular business size envelope.
I started my pocket letter with a color palette using papers from Lawn Fawn’s Let’s Polka, Mon Amie collection in Vanilla, Strawberry and Lemon. This ties the whole page together so I can use lots of different images for the individual 2 ½” x 3 ½” pockets. For each pocket I cut a panel of patterned paper to size and rounded the corners.
Row 1, left to right:
• Die cut a Stitched Oval and the stamp the sentiment from Gleeful Gardens; stamp color and die cut the cute snail and attach to oval with a glue dot along with a die heart; attach oval to Strawberry Polka panel
• Die cut Stitched Rectangle and attach to center of Lemon Line Dance panel; stamp the sentiment from Chit Chat with bright pink ink, die cut and attach to panel; stamp, color and die cut the bird from Chit Chat and attach to prepared panel
• Create small pocket with vellum, attach to Lemon Polka 6×6 panel; stamp flowers from Summertime Charm with Wild Rose, Sunflower and Fake Tan ink then die cut them to fill the vellum pocket.
Row 2, left to right:
• Layer a white panel die cut with Forest Border and a Strawberry Line Dance 6×6 panel die cut with Stitched Hillside Borders to the Vanilla Polka panel; stamp the sentiment from Flirty Frames with Versamark ink and emboss using gold embossing powder; stamp, color and die cut the deer from Into the Woods and attach to prepared panel
• Die cut a heart using Lemon Polka 6×6 paper and attach to a Vanilla Polka 6×6 panel; stamp sentiment from Scripty Sentiments with Versamark ink and emboss with gold embossing powder
• Die cut Scripty Hugs from bright pink cardstock and attach to a Vanilla Polka panel
Row 3, left to right:
• Stamp, color and die cut several strawberries and the Mason jar from Summertime Charm, arrange strawberries in jar and attach the jar to a Lemon Line Dance 6×6 panel
• Die cut a Strawberry Polka 6×6 tag from Tag, You’re It tie with coordinating Lawn Trimmings (I used gold from the Vivid Triple pack) and layer it over a white panel; I attached 2 small crochet flowers from my stash
• Die cut a Stitched Rectangle and stamp sentiment from Best Pun Ever, and attach to a Lemon Line Dance 6×6 panel; stamp, color and die cut the teapot and teacup from Best Pun Ever and attach to prepared panel
After including your note or letter and tiny gifts in the pockets, fold the pocket page in thirds horizontally and insert in a #10 business size envelope to mail. You may need to include extra postage.
Stamps and Dies: Gleeful Gardens + dies, Best Pun Ever + dies, Summertime Charm + dies, Into the Woods + dies, Chit Chat + dies, Flirty Frames, Scripty Sayings, Forest Border, Hearts Dies, Scripty Hugs, Tag, You’re It, Stitched Rectangle, Stitched Oval
Paper: Let’s Polka, Mon Amie 12×12 and 6×6 paper
Ink: Wild Rose, Fake Tan, Sunflower, Hippo, Black Licorice
Lawn Trimmings: Gold cord from Vivid Triple Pack
Other Supplies: Corner Rounder, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic Markers, Smooth White Cardstock, Bright Pink Cardstock, Heavy vellum paper, Versamark ink, Gold embossing powder, Bright Pink dye ink, Pocket Page
Be sure to visit the following sites to see more Lawn Fawn products and for some inspiration: www.lawnfawn.com; www.lawnfawn.blogspot.com; www.twitter.com/lawnfawn; www..facebook.com/lawnfawn and www.
In order to enter the give-away to win the surprise prize, please leave us a comment in the comments section of this post. The winner will be announced next Wednesday.