Today we’re thrilled to welcome Laina Lamb. Before we show you Laina’s project, let’s get to know her a little bit more…
Laina lives outside of Cleveland, Ohio with her husband Steve and their three rowdy and loveable boys. After graduating from the University of Cincinnati, she designed retail stores and malls for over ten years. While taking a career break to raise her sons, Laina discovered the world of paper crafting and instantly fell head over heels in love. This passion for storytelling and art helped transition her into a free-lance graphic designer for the craft industry. Laina has designed everything from paper to cutting cartridges. Her signature line of stamps and coordinating Die-namics can be found at mftstamps.com. She was formerly a Dream Team Member for Creating Keepsakes and is currently a Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Go-to Gal and Contributing Editor. When she’s not at her desk creating, Laina likes to eat long dinners out with friends, watch live local bands, and travel. Especially if it involves a cruise ship or a warm sandy beach!
Before I Was Your Mom
1. Adhere grid paper to gray card stock base.
2. Stamp woodgrain stamp onto cotton candy wonky pieces with pink lemonade hybrid ink.
3. Stamp typewriter text stamp onto pink lemonade rectangles with cotton candy dye ink. Adhere top left and bottom right of precut photo mat.
4. Adhere wonky pieces to corners of layout. Add tiny staple accents to each if desired.
5. Adhere scrap white paper to center of cotton candy journaling mat. Adhere both at odd angle.
6. Backstitch around Peek-a-Boo Alpha letters with floss using tape on reverse to secure threads. Adhere to top of journaling frame with pop dots, using scrap white paper below as guide.
7. Adhere pre-designed journaling to lower area of journaling mat with pop dots.
8. Cover seam of journaling and stitched piece with prestamped woodgrain pink lemonade strip.
9. Adhere gray title flag above stitched area.
10. Adhere die cut “Before” above journaling mat.
11. Adhere photo mat to top right corner of page.
12. Embellish layout with rolled flowers, hearts, sequins, and layered circles as shown.
13. Add butterflies with pop dots, adhere gems to large butterflies.
14. Add stick pins to pop dot holding largest butterfly at the top.
My Favorite Things Supplies
Card stock: Whip Cream, Steel Grey, Pink Lemonade, Cotton Candy, Razzle Berry
Felt: Cotton Candy
Ink: Cotton Candy Dye Ink, Steel Grey Hybrid Ink, Pink Lemonade Hybrid Ink
Stamps: Woodgrain Background, Typewriter Text Background
Die-namics: Butterflies, Peek a Boo Alpha, Mini Delicate Doily, Sequins, Little Letters, Accent It – Flags and Tags, Royal Rose, Mini Royal Rose
12×12 Gray Card stock
12×12 Grid Paper
3L Adhesive Sheets
Silver and Pink Glitter
Maya Road Pins
Want to recreate this sketch? Here’s a sketch you can download and print.
Laina has also generously offered to give away one of her LLD Delicious Birthday stamp sets and one of her Die-namics Bring on the Cake die sets to a lucky blog reader.
To enter to win the stamp set and die set, simply leave a comment on this blog post. (Sorry – This particular give away is only valid to residents of the United States.)
We hope you have enjoyed today’s project courtesy of Laina Lamb. Be sure to stop by Laina’s blog to see even more of her beautiful work (and let her know we sent you). You can also find Laina on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Have a great day!