Today, I decided to feature a couple of altered notebooks. The reason being that I am doing a quick video on the process of altering a notebook for the Library. The method which I use for this style of book remains virtually unchanged. No matter which sort of journal you have, it is very easy to get a unique look which is all about you. For the first journal, I used a Penny Black image of mice in a cherry bowl. The image was colored with Tombow and SU markers. The paper is a retired Stampin’Up! DP, as is the ribbon. The font in the front is from Quickutz and is called Esspresso. The image in the back is made from a Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings Cartridge.
The second journal is made using a Me and Carrie Lou image of a peony, which was colored with real watercolors. It was embossed in A gold tinsel mixture which I make. The font is Quickutz Esspresso, and the DP is a retired one from Stampin’Up!
The journal is a simple matter of measuring. I simply measure my cover, adding 1″ all around for a border. I score the DP so that I have the exact amount for the cover, and then the other side of my score lines is the 1″ border. The 1″ border goes to the back of each cover. The paper is attached with Sticky strip. Next you cut a CS piece which will fit to the back of the cover over the folded ends of the front. Ribbon can be added before or after applying the Cardstock backing. Next you can add whatever decorations you like. Under an hour, you can have the notebook of your dreams.
- Stamps: Peony (Me and Carrie Lou), mice (Penny Black), Rough Type (Stampin’Up!)
- Paper: Designer paper, Certainly Celery, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin’Up!), Watercolor paper
- Coloring Mediums: Tombow markers, Stampin’Up! markers, Watercolor paints
- Dies/Punches/Cartridges: Hello Kitty Greetings (Cricut), Esspresso Alphabet (Quickutz), 1/2″ Circle punch (Stampin’Up!)
- Other: Black Satin Ribbon, Grosgrain striped ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionas, Tombow multi-purpose adhesive, White gel pen (Stampin’Up!), Stardust Stickles, embossing powder mix (Ranger inc)