Welcome to the Makeover Monday challenge. Every Monday, as part of our project ideas newsletter we’re going to make over a card, scrapbook page or 3D project, showing you how easy it is to use existing designs (your own OR someone else’s) as inspiration. This week, Tracy has designed this Background Buttons Thank You card.
Your challenge – as with our previous Makeover Monday Challenges – is to use our piece as inspiration and make it into a card, scrapbook page, or other project. You can use the layout, the colors, an element you like…it can look like our piece, or nothing at all like our piece. We want to see where YOU take this. This challenge is strictly a “work from your stash” challenge.
As a newsletter subscriber you will have received a link to a private web page, from which you can watch the video tutorial. If you didn’t receive the email, then please email us to confirm your subscription at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to ensure you don’t miss any more of our Makeover Monday Challenge video tutorials, please be sure you sign up for our FREE email newsletter from the top right sidebar of this blog. Please note that the video tutorial will be available for general viewing for one week only – and then will be moved into our library for our members only
Every Monday, here on the blog, we’re going to post the original picture, and the made over picture. You will have ONE week to upload your challenge piece. Instead of a weekly prize though, we’re going to award a prize monthly. So for each week you participate and each project you submit – you will get one entry into our monthly draw. On the first Monday of each month – we will announce one challenge winner, who will be featured as a guest designer on the Paper Crafter’s Library blog as well as our Facebook page. As a guest designer, we’ll feature your biography, some of your favorite paper crafting projects and we’ll link to your blog.
Our inspiration piece, shown below, is a project found on Kristina Werener’s blog. We loved the way that Kristina created a multicolored cardstock background and embossed a background stamp image over that.
Here are the details on how you can participate in the Makeover Monday Challenge:
A new Makeover Monday Challenge video tutorial will be emailed out to newsletter subscribers every Monday (so make sure you are signed up). Then, here on the blog, we will post a picture of our inspiration piece and made-over project along with an Inlinkz button for you to enter your project. Here are the details:
- Work from your own stash to create a project based on the inspiration project provided – you can use any products you would like, and make any type of project you like – card, scrapbook page, album, 3D item etc.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Click on our inLinkz button below to add a link to your project for our challenge
- You will have until 7am, Monday, August 6th to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. And you can enter as many times as you like.
- For each project you submit, your name will be entered into our monthly draw. The winner will be announced on Monday, August 6th.
Good luck to everyone and we look forward to seeing your projects!