We are happy to bring you this week’s Featured Company: Splash of Color. We are so excited to be featuring them for the first time on Paper Crafter’s Library. In today’s spotlight you’ll learn more about Splash of Color, see a fantastic project by one of their designers and have the opportunity to win the prize package shown below (details at the end of this post).
About Splash of Color
We are a mixed media driven company Featuring Luminarte, Viva Colour and various Licensed artists. We have a strong belief in both inspiring and educating our customers. We are constantly striving to develop new and innovative products, as well as searching out new and exciting products to distribute. And we are responsive to our customers. We listen, we make things that work, that are easy to use, and are the highest quality for the best possible price… and that will help make creative dreams come true.
Special Splash of Color Guest Designer
You can see Marah’s fabulous project below, but first, here is a little more about her:
Silks By Luminarte Twinkling H20’s by Luminarte Iridescent Glitter Paste by Viva Colour Stencil- Quatrefoil by The Crafters Workshop Stickers by Mixed Media 101 for Splash of Color Pallet knife ¾” wide paint brush Adhesive (pictured below)
Mixed Media Card Instructions
Step 1. Direct to rubber-stamping using Twinkling H2o’s by Luminarte.
• Choose Twinkling H20 colors, I suggest at least three different colors per image to create depth and texture. • Hydrate Twinkling H2O’s with water and let sit until the paint becomes a nice creamy almost honey like consistency
• Use a wide flat paintbrush to paint rubber stamp with a nice even coat of Twinkling H20’s
• Spritz stamp to make sure stamp is hydrated evenly and stamp image.
• Stamp background image directly on to card
• Stamp several butterfly images on an extra piece of card stock
• Let butterflies dry and cut two out for center of card
Step 2. Glitter paste and stencil background
• Using Silks by Luminarte and a sponge applicator put a coat of silks on to stencil and let dry.
• Once silks are dry on the stencil, place stencil on card and using Iridescent Glitter Paste by Viva Colour stencil only on the outside border of card. You will notice that the silks are activated by the Glitter Paste and create an outline around each stencil shape.
• Use a LOW TEMP heat gun to increase dry time of Glitter Paste by Viva Colour
In order to enter the give-away to win the prize package shown above, please leave us a comment in the comments section of this post. Winner will be announced next Wednesday on the Paper Crafter’s Library blog!