I’m so excited to bring you this week’s Featured Company which is also a returning company: Maya Road! We are long time fans of Maya Road and are so happy they have returned.
About Maya Road
Maya Road was born in 2003. Two sisters, Deborah and Caroline, were spending the weekend together, and went shopping for all of the latest scrapbooking supplies. As they browsed the aisles, they were struck by how difficult it was to find unique scrapbooking products and how expensive products were. They started chatting about products they wanted to see, and they brainstormed how they could combine their business knowledge and design skills to produce the unique products for scrapbooking. Thus, Maya Road was formed.
After much soul-searching, they decided to launch Maya Road nationally with 38 unique products at HIA (the prior name for CHA Tradeshow) in 2004. Since then Maya Road has added over 2000 new products to their line. Creative items include such as chipboard, trims, twines, metals, Maya Mists, embellishments and more.
Maya Road was founded on a belief in each person’s creative ability and on the commitment to making high quality scrapbooking products available and affordable to everyone. Maya Road believes that scrapbooking and memory keeping should be an everyday event available to everyone.
Our signature products are carried in over 1000 scrapbooking stores in the US, Australia, Canada, the UK and beyond. People often ask where the term “Maya Road” comes from. Maya is actually a combination of nicknames, Caroline and Deborah, had as kids. They looked up “Maya” and realized it meant “The Art of Creation” and thus, Maya Road was born.
Follow Maya Road on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and on their Design Team Blog
Special Maya Road Guest Designer
You can see Caroline’s fabulous projects below, but first, here is a little more about her:
Maya Road Card Projects
Card base – White
Patterned paper (Bo Bunny Dots)
Maya Road Vintage Pale Pink Pearl Pins
Maya Road Vintage Pearl Butterfly Pins
Maya Road Alterable Wood Buttons
Maya Road Canary Paper Twine Cording
Maya Road Fabric Leaves
Maya Road Earth Paper Twine Cording
Maya Road Tiramisu Twine Cording
Maya Road Card Sentiments Stamp Set
Black Ink Pad
1.Cut the pink patterned dot paper to fit on card base. Leave a 1/4″ white edge showing so cut your pink paper 1/2″ smaller than the card base for the length and width.
2. Free hand cut the green heart and attach it to the pink paper. Attach the pink paper to the card base.
3. Cut three – 2″ long pieces of the Canary Paper Twine Cording. Unravel each and twist slightly in the middle to form three bow tie shaped pieces. Glue them together as shown to form flower. Add large Alterable Button to the middle.
4. Cut a 4″ long piece of the Earth Paper Twine Cording. Curl as shown and attach to the back of the flower.
5. Attach the fabric leaf to the back of the flower.
6. Take a 5″ piece of the Tiramisu Twine Cording and tie a bow. Attach to the back of the flower.
7. Attach the flower to the card and add the two pins.
8. Stamp the sentiment onto the green patterned paper. Cut out. Attach to the card with foam dots.
Card base – White
In order to enter the give-away to win the fabulous Maya Road prize package shown above, please leave us a comment in the comments section of this post. Winner will be announced next Wednesday on the Paper Crafter’s Library blog!