Welcome to our Make Over Monday Challenge – a weekly challenge brought to you by the Paper Crafter’s Library and Sunny Stampin’ Studios. The purpose of Makeover Monday is to help you learn how to take the ideas and inspiration you find on the internet, and make it your own. This challenge is strictly a “work from your stash” challenge.
Over the last 7 years of teaching in the paper crafting industry, I’ve noticed that many of my students feel like they have to run out and buy the exact same products I used, rather than looking to their own stash to see if they having something that might work instead.
Now I’ll be the first to admit, shopping for paper crafting supplies is fun, and I certainly do my share of it, but why spend your money on a product that may be similar to what you already have?………………and that’s where the concept for Makeover Monday was born.
Every Monday I take a project I found on the internet, and show you my process for recreating it and making it my own, using supplies from my own stash. This week’s inspiration for the project shown above, comes from the card below, created by one of my favorite paper crafting artists Ashely Cannon Newell.
You can watch the video on how I made my card below:
Here are the details on how you can participate in the Makeover Monday Challenge:
- A new Makeover Monday Challenge & video will go up every Monday
- Work from your own stash to create a project based on the inspiration project provided – you can use any products you would like.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Click on our inLinkz button below to add a link to your project for our challenge
- You will have until 7am, Monday, November 28th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. And you can enter as many times as you like.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Monday, November 28th, in the afternoon.
- The winner will be posted here. The randomly selected winner will win the Blitzen Holiday Planner in a DVD Tin Kit(supplies and instructions) shown HERE (value $30).
Good luck to everyone and we look forward to seeing your projects!
Before I sign off, I’d also like to announce the winner of the Makeover Monday Challenge #3 and thank everyone who participated. The winner was randomly drawn, and it is…….. Barb! You can see her entry below. Congratulations Barb – you have won the Blitzen Holiday Planner in a DVD Tin.
To claim your prize please email me and email@example.com and be sure to put “Makover Monday Challenge #3 Winner” in the subject line of your email. I’ll also need your full name, shipping address, email and phone number. Congrats!