Welcome to another Featured Artist/Designer Spotlight. Today we’re thrilled to welcome Gabrielle Pollacco. Before we show you Gabrielle’s project, let’s get to know her a little bit more…
Hi, my name is Gabrielle Pollacco, I’m honored to have been asked to create a project for The Paper Crafters Library. I’ve been scrapbooking for many years now and have had the privilege of being on a number of wonderful manufacturing design teams including Bo Bunny Designs, Websters Pages, Maja Design, Dusty Attic Design, Shimmerz Paints, The Scrapbook Diaries, as well as being a contributer to a print magazine as well. I have a blog site and a YouTube Channel where I share my work and show step by step how I create my projects.
When I was in school I majored in commercial arts and later on worked for a trade show display company as a project manager. When my girls were little I started to get into scrapbooking, and I haven’t looked back since. Over the years my work has evolved, and while I would describe my work as ‘vintage/shabby-chic’, I’ve been dabbling more and more in mixed media’s over the years. I’m delighted to share my newest mixed with the subscribers to The Paper Crafters Library!
Mixed Media Nature Canvas
You can watch a video on how Gabrielle created her project below.
– 5×7 Canvas
– Patterned Paper: Tim Holtz “Wallflower” paper pad
– Chipboard: Dusty Attic Designs (Vine Corner #2, Decorative Keyholes, Chicken Wire Panel, Mini Hinges)
– Shimmerz Paint: Dazzlerz “Sea U in the Mornin’
– Ink: Ingvild Bolme’s (Branch Bark, Green Moss Chalk Ink), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain)
– Air Dry Clay: Martha Stewart (eggs)
– Nest: Spanish Moss, Cheese-cloth
– Stencil: Crafter’s Workshop ‘Mini Damask’ 6×6 Stencil
– Adhesives: Aleenes, Tombow, 3 in 1
– Metal Dimensional Paint: Scribbles
– Butterfly accent: K&Company
– Other: twine, burlap, random charms, light gage jewellery wire.
We hope you have enjoyed today’s project courtesy of Gabrielle Pollacco. Be sure to stop by Gabrielle’s blog to see even more of her beautiful work (and let her know we sent you). You can also find Gabrielle on YouTube.
Have a great day!