Happy Monday everyone! I’d like to introduce you to a brand new feature we’re launching here on the Paper Crafter’s Library blog. It’s called Keep It CASual – and it’s a video series featuring Clean and Simple Card Making. Each Keep it CASual video will be released on a Monday although as of yet, we’re not really sure how many times a month we’ll be posting this feature.
In today’s video I’m going to show you how I made this Happy Spooky Halloween Card.
Halloween is one of my favourite holidays of the year to create projects for, although typically I end up creating more projects than I actually have people to given them to LOL!
Pretty much all the products I used other than the rhinestones are from Papertrey Ink. The stamp set and coordinating die I used are both called Mr. Bones. I also used the Spider Web Trio die. These are all older products released a few years ago (I don’t remember exactly when), but I love them so much I find myself reaching for them over and over again.
Here’s the video on how I created this card.
Here’s a list of the supplies I used:
- Stamps: Mr. Bones (Papertrey Ink)
- Ink: Royal Velvet (Papertrey Ink); Jet Black Archival (Ranger)
- Paper: Stamper’s Select White Cardstock, Royal Velvet Pattern Pack, True Black Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
- Accessories: Mr. Bones Die, Spider Web Trio Die (Papertrey Ink); Big Shot (Sizzix); Sticky Stuff Embossing Powder (Judikins); Charcoal Baker’s Twine (the Twinery); Jewels Basic Rhinestones (Stampin’ Up!); Black Opaque Microfine Glitter (Glitter Ritz); Foam Mounting Tape (Scotch 3M); glue dots, 3D foam squares (Thermoweb)
Below are the links to purchase these products from Simon Says Stamp.
Paper Crafter’s Library Member Highlights
I also wanted to show you a behind-the-scenes sneak peek of some of the projects that were released to our members these past two weeks. We’ve put together a sneak peek you of just a few of the video tutorials & pdf handouts our members received during the weeks of October 6 – October 17, 2014.
Each week at Paper Crafter’s Library our monthly members can expect to receive access to a minimum of 5 exclusive videos each week. Typcially members receive upwards of 25 exclusive videos each month. In planning for our projects we ensure that we cover a range of project types so that there is something for everyone whatever their interest or preference – whether it be card making, stamping, scrapbooking, altered art, mixed media, 3D items, templates, techniques etc. Projects range in difficulty level – so there will always be projects in library for whatever your paper crafting “level” whether you are a beginning paper crafter, or a more intermediate paper crafter.
Highlights these two weeks:
- An art journal page
- A scrapbook page
- Using Twinkling H2O’s to create a background for die cutting elements
- Watercoloring using Distress markers
- Watercoloring using watercolor paints
- Cards from our Amazing Birthday Creative Inspiration Collection
- MDS – Adding photos and text to punches
Read about all the perks of being a Paper Crafter’s Library member you can visit our Benefits of Membership page HERE.